Commercial Property Insurance

East Coast Insurance offers affordable commercial property insurance throughout Florida. We can write anything from an apartment complex to building insurance, office building insurance, retail center insurance or shopping center insurance.

Definition of Commercial Property Insurance

Business property insurance policies which are also called commercial property insurance are designed to protect your property, including inventory or assets, against most types of loss or damage. This damage includes theft, an accident, or even natural disasters. This property can even be away from your place of business when it is damaged or lost. Usually the policies are designed to covers your costs to replace or repair the property and, in some instances, compensates you for items that cannot be replaced.

Basic property insurance policies typically cover explosions, fire, lightning, windstorm, hail, smoke, aircraft or vehicle damage, vandalism, sprinkler leakage and sinkhole collapse. Additional coverage can be added for water damage, damage from the weight of snow, ice or sleet, breakage of glass and coverage for falling objects.

Commercial property insurance is one of the first types of insurance you should look into when you launch a new enterprise. This coverage protects you from some of the risk that the property your company owns could be lost, stolen or damaged.

If you don’t own the building where you do business, you'll only need to cover the building’s contents. The basic commercial property insurance policy protects your investment in fixtures, furniture, office equipment, inventory and the supplies that you store either at your business location or off-site.

General Liability Insurance

East Coast Insurance offers general liability insurance through a multitude of carriers. We can get you the best rate on your policy and the best coverage for your niche. We specialize in low risk businesses and can bind these policies quickly and cheaply to minimize the effect on your business. Also if you are feeling overwhelmed by which type of coverage to select we have a program for making recommendations in coverage to business owners based on experience for their unique industry, risk, and exposures.

Many business owners mistakenly believe that they need to buy commercial property insurance liability coverage. This is incorrect as there is no single policy that contains these coverages. Most small businesses will usually purchase a separate commercial liability insurance policy and business property insurance. The option that we recommend in most circumstance is a basic business owner’s policy or BOP, which includes elements of both, in addition to other types of coverage specifically for your business.

If your business is in a business class the insurance carriers describe as "low risk," you are eligible to purchase a low-cost BOP package-- that includes the most important types of commercial insurance: Commercial general liability insurance coverage (protection from claims of property damage or bodily injury) Property insurance (to protect physical assets) Under certain conditions, a BOP may also cover the lost income and expenses that a business owner incurs Many professional services companies qualify for this valuable, low-cost protection. To find out if your business meets the criteria for a BOP, complete this form. We'll typically respond by e-mail within 24 hours (we won't bother you with a phone call, but feel free to call us and ask questions).